IBM Cloud - Advisory Software Engineer
June 2016 - Present
- Led development and design team as Scrum Master and engineer on the IBM Cloud Developer Dashboard for Apple, Watson, and others. Built with React, Redux, Sass, and Node, our pages have over 1000 daily users.
- Drove analytics strategy and implementation to gain insights into user behavior with Segment, Amplitude, and Optimizely. My instrumentation identified multiple critical bugs within IBM Cloud that were previously unknown.
- Developed features for the home page, Cloud Shell, DevOps, and Kubernetes, within IBM Cloud.
- Was chosen to onboard multiple new hires and serve as a technical mentor to interns.
- Full-stack developer on SXSW Tasting Experience, an Apple TV, iPad, Node.js, and Arduino app.
IBM Extreme Blue - Software Engineering Intern
- Designed and developed responsive front end to visualize Supply Chain risks. Showed events with Leaflet.js. Built interactive data visualizations with D3.js. Helped define RESTful JSON api.
- Pitched the project weekly to executives. The project later became Supply Chain Insights
Interface Ecology Lab - Undergraduate Researcher
Spring 2014 - Fall 2016
- Wrote a Chrome Extension to extract metadata from sites.
- Calculated and vizualized research project usage statistics using D3.js.
Verizon - Software Engineering Intern
- Used Google Web Toolkit and Google Maps API to visualize network outage details.
U.S. House of Representatives - Congressional Intern
- Interned for my Representative in his DC office.
Master of Science in Computer Science: Artificial Intelligence Track, June 2020
Texas A&M University
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science: Minors in Art and Mathematics, May 2016
- Areas of Focus: Front-End, Agile, Web Security, Accessibility, Data Science, A/B Testing
- Dev Tech: React, Redux, Node.js, Sass, Webpack, AngularJS
- Tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Zenhub, Amplitude
Stanford University - Code in Place Section Leader
- Part of a teaching team for Code in Place, offered by Stanford during COVID-19 pandemic, with 10,000 global students and 900 volunteer teachers participating from around the world.
- Prepared and taught a weekly discussion section of 10-12 students to supplement professors’ lectures in a 5-week introductory online Python programming course based on material from the first half of Stanford’s introductory programming course, CS106A.
- Other Projects (More)
- Naive Dox - Web app for protecting privacy. Used APIs/Xpath to cross-reference sites and point out vulnerabilities caused by re-using usernames. Python server. Responsive Sass front end. (Whitepaper)
- Monadic Explorer - Web app that visualized scholarly articles as a force-directed graph. Wrote Undergraduate Research Thesis based on results of user studies and interviews I conducted. (Thesis)
- Battle Boids - Graphics project build with WebGl/Three.js. Blog Post, Demo