Hatched Labs - Software Engineer III
Sept 2021 - Present
- Front end developer for curbside pickup and grocery delivery experiences.
IBM Cloud - Advisory Software Engineer
Mar 2019 - Sept 2021
- Front end lead on the IBM Cloud Developer Experience - built with React, Redux, Sass, and Node. Also developed features for the IBM Cloud Dashboard, Cloud Shell, Kubernetes, and more.
- Architected, documented, and delivered complex cross-team features as well as built reusable front-end components used throughout IBM Cloud.
- Spoke at internal education sessions, mentored junior developers, and conducted interviews.
IBM Cloud - Staff Software Engineer
June 2016 - Mar 2019
- Drove analytics strategy and implementation to gain user behavior insights with Segment, Amplitude, and Optimizely. My instrumentation identified previously unknown critical bugs within IBM Cloud.
IBM Extreme Blue - Software Engineering Intern
- Designed and developed responsive front end to visualize Supply Chain risks. Showed events with Leaflet.js. Built interactive data visualizations with D3.js. Helped define RESTful JSON api.
- Pitched the project weekly to executives. The project later became Supply Chain Insights
Interface Ecology Lab - Undergraduate Researcher
Spring 2014 - Fall 2016
- Wrote a Chrome Extension to extract metadata from sites with 1000+ users.
Verizon - Software Engineering Intern
- Used Google Web Toolkit and Google Maps API to visualize network outage details.
U.S. House of Representatives - Congressional Intern
- Constituent correspondence for my Representative in his DC office.
Master of Science in Computer Science: Artificial Intelligence Track, June 2020
Texas A&M University
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science: Minors in Art and Mathematics, May 2016
- Areas of Focus: Front-End, Agile, Web Security, Accessibility, Data Science, A/B Testing
- Dev Tech: React, Redux, Node.js, Sass, Webpack, AngularJS
- Tools: Zenhub, Amplitude, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Stanford University - Code in Place Section Leader
April-May 2020 / 2021
- Part of a teaching team for Code in Place, offered by Stanford during COVID-19 pandemic, with 10,000 global students and 900 volunteer teachers participating from around the world.
- Prepared and taught weekly discussion sections of 10-12 students to supplement professors’ lectures in a 5-week Python course based on Stanford’s introductory programming course, CS106A.
- Other Projects (More)
- Naive Dox - Web app for protecting privacy. Used APIs/Xpath to cross-reference sites and point out vulnerabilities caused by re-using usernames. Python server. Responsive Sass front end. (Whitepaper)
- Monadic Explorer - Web app that visualized scholarly articles as a force-directed graph. Wrote Undergraduate Research Thesis based on results of user studies and interviews I conducted. (Thesis)
- Battle Boids - Graphics project build with WebGl/Three.js. Blog Post, Demo